Having fostered over 20 teenagers during the past 20 years, I have many memorable quotes that ring in my ear and make me smile. Here are a few of them:
- "Can you give my mom your recipes for all your dinners?"
- "I really like it here. Could me and my mom live here?"
- "Hi, I'm in trouble. Can we have one of those talks like we used to have when I lived here?"
- "Do you think I could come back and live at your house again? I've learned a lot and I've really changed in the last six months."
- "I just got engaged. Can I bring my fiance to meet you and show him my old room?"
- "OK. It's no longer "me" and "mine" - it's "we" and "ours."